- Our overall health is visible through the shine of our hair
- Some natural home remedies for preventing hair fall
- Excess oil clogs the pores on your scalp
- Specific medical conditions and gynecological complications
- Here are some indispensable Nutrients for hair expansion
- Natural storehouse of vitamins: Fruits, Nuts and Vegetables
- How can you get proteins for your hair?
Our overall health is visible through the shine of our hair
What we eat, reflects in our hair. Losing even a single shaft of your best hair is painful, preventing hair fall and split ends is almost a Herculean task. Although we do not usually disclose this fact, Alopecia can result into tremendous hair loss and creates a sense of hopelessness. There are several tablets, capsules and lotions available in the market, each of them promise something new and better for our hair. But it must be remembered that hair loss and growth depends on two very important factors- that is, nutrition and blood circulation in the body. Whatever nutrients that we consume, reach our hair last. Here’s a glimpse of the following factors to understand what might be causing your hair loss and deficiency. Hair loss in men and women can vary and these given factors are applicable only to women:
a) Stress and lack of proper sleep.
b) Dietary deficiencies.
c) Lack of vitamins like B6, biotin, folic acid, inositol, Iron, sulphur and zinc.
d) Hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism.
e) Last months of pregnancy can lead to severe hair loss.
f) Prolonged use of some anti-biotics especially during Typhoid or Jaundice.
g) Oral contraceptive pills and progesterone hormones.
i) Sudden and unexplained weight loss due to crash diets.
j) Certain metallic allergies caused due to Cadmium, Lead and Mercury.
k) Diabetes Mellitus.
l) Drugs that are injected into the body during chemotherapy.
m) Large doses of Vitamin A.
Some natural home remedies for preventing hair fall
It’s high time that you switch over to natural ingredients like Brahmi oil which acts as a protective shield against profuse hair loss. Apple cider vinegar can also be combined with jojoba oil to get lustrous and beautiful hair. If you suffer from an itchy scalp and you wish to get rid of dandruff, then you can dab some Neem oil on to your scalp. You can also do the following exercise on a flat wooden plank:
Lie down on a slant board or a slant plank to increase blood circulation to the roots of your hair. You can also boost your hair growth by massaging your scalp daily with hot oil and then shampooing it and applying some natural conditioner.
Smoking and drinking damage hair to an alarming extent so try to abstain from them. Also, when you go out, take an umbrella to protect your hair from getting damaged from harmful UV rays of the sun.
Excess oil clogs the pores on your scalp
Using an excess quantity of oil does not promote hair growth. On the other hand, excess oil accumulation retards the growth of follicles, as a result, your hair gets damaged. The root of the hair gets degraded and this is aggravated if you have a hormonal imbalance. Female hair grows at a certain angle and this is very different from the male hair and female hair follicles are deeply rooted into the scalp.
Specific medical conditions and gynecological complications
Hair loss in women can be the result of any of the following or a combination of these factors:
- Fast and junk foods
- Cheap quality oil in foods
- Early and late pregnancy
- Crash dieting
- Thyroid imbalance
- Imbalance of the hormones Estrogen and Progesterone
- Over use of chemical hair colors, mousses, gels, and hair sprays and dyes.
- Excessive thinning of hair can also be caused if the hair is tied very tightly
- Monthly ironing, straitening and perming can also lead to excessive hair loss. These activities damage the hair roots, transport no genuine nutrient to the hair follicles, as a result of which, hair withers, dries up and dies
Here are some indispensable Nutrients for hair expansion
- Vitamin A, B complex like Inositol and Choline.
- The B series of vitamins like B6, B3, Biotin, Folic acid, PABA, Pantothenic acid-B5, Ascorbic acid
- Hair also needs Copper, Iodine, Magnesium, Sulphur, Zinc, Vitamin E, essential fatty acids-and Protein. You can eat bowls full of salmon, cod and tuna fish for getting healthy nutrients for long shining hair.
- A raw diet, or steamed vegetables with less oil and less trans-fat substance intake can reduce your hair fall.
Natural storehouse of vitamins: Fruits, Nuts and Vegetables
- A healthy diet can be accelerated through Vitamin A. you can get this from Dandelion Greens 14,000IU, Sorrel 12,900 IU, and from Carrots and dried apricots in large numbers.
- Inositol and Choline forms of vitamin B complex can be extracted from musk melon, raw green and ripe papaya, raisins, almonds soaked in milk, cashews, walnuts, herbs, kelp, dandelion stems, buckwheat, turnip, celery, broccoli, lettuce, spinach, peas, and purple cabbage.
- You can also get the essential Vitamin B3 or Niacin from sesame seeds, Indian rice, dry peaches and sunflower seeds one teaspoon.• Folic acid is a must during pregnant months. So you can get natural folic acid from beet, asparagus, broccoli, spinach leaves or spinach juice, button mushrooms, yeast which is made into bread, and almonds, cashews, hazelnuts, walnuts.
- The hair also requires PABA. You can get this from Papaya, alfalfa, collard greens, broccoli, lettuce and spinach leaves. They are now available throughout the year in many departmental stores. If you have tablets for hair growth, you will get synthetic results. But these are natural ingredients which can regulate your hair fall and promote speedy growth of hair.
- Pumpkin, papaya, broccoli, cabbage, artichokes, celery, collard greens, lettuce, spinach, mushrooms are rich storehouses of Vitamin B5.
- Vitamin C or Ascorbic acid is also very good for your skin and hair, if you have one green chili every day, you can get the desired vitamin C that is available in almost three oranges. Moreover, you can also have ripe guava, green pepper and strawberries for giving nutrition to your hair.
- You can get copper from banana, blackberries, cherries, dates, mangoes, pineapples, raisins, dried pears, coconuts, peanuts, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, almonds and cashews.
For magnesium, you can have 1/3rd cup banana pieces, dried figs, dates, dried green peas and cashew nuts.
For sulphur and vitamin – E, you can use almonds, walnuts, and alfalfa, cabbage, garlic, turnip and string beans also.
For zinc you can mix peanut butter and dried figs at 10:7 mg ratio.
Apart from that, hemp, flax seed oil and coconut, spinach and olive oil and broccoli can work wonders for your hair.
How can you get proteins for your hair?
It is suggested you have plenty of fresh vegetables regularly and eat different types of nuts. They have huge amount of proteins and you can get enough natural proteins from these ingredients easily. It helps make your hair shine and build the hair roots stronger.
Last but not least you have to maintain a proper lifestyle which includes sufficient sleep and rest. A stress free life is the only solution for staying healthy and if you maintain a daily routine including exercise, meditation, regular intake of proteins, iron and dairy products then you can maintain your hair and skin with ease.
Come and be the beautiful a princess with long and flowing hair!